Tuesday 2 May 2017

Final Thoughts by Bekii

I decided to continue my journey with the Student Innovators throughout my second year at college because I enjoyed contributing back to the college and helping the new college students to find apps that can make their studies easier.

This year I have reviewed mostly revision style apps such as Gojimo and Khan Academy and even set up a revision hub in which students could come and try out revision apps and ask any questions they have had about the reviewed apps. I was also given the opportunity to help to give a speech at DigiFest about what we do as Student Innovators. This was a great learning experience and something that a will help me in the future with presentations.

I would recommend any student to become a Student Innovator as it is not a huge commitment and the fulfilment you feel from helping other students and partaking in college activities is worth donating a few minutes to review an app that could even be of use in your own studies. You learn many functional skills from being an Innovator and can even earn a skills badge.

No comments:

Post a Comment